Sunday, March 4, 2012

One month in

Hello! I'm finally posting after almost a month in my intern position at the arts centre. At this stage one day a week and I plan to be here until at least July.

Really enjoying the experience so far, with a friendly team of staff which makes a big difference. I'm acting as a public programs and education assistant with two key projects:
1) project managing / schools liaison for a community outreach program with BoS and MCA (though unfortunately this may change depending on funding)
2) Research and put together a brochure on the history of the site - a beautiful industrial renewal gallery much like Carriageworks. Eventually this info will become an Auslan interpretation via a smartphone app (which I think is really cool)

Last Thursday I managed to sit in on a gorgeous kids' play called White, all about two men who live in a hand-crafted white world that slowly gets infiltrated by colour. It's a really beautiful play that made me appreciate how great art and programming for kids can be, and how disappointing that we have so much hyper-bubbly junk instead. Badge-making workshop that followed was also good fun - if every gallery invested in a badge-making machine there'd be a lot of happy children.

4 comments:

  1. Hi~ Now We are here!! thanks for having me
    I will post a commet as much as i can!!
    Good LUCK!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I spoke with a 3 year old yesterday that just saw White and loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. White sounds lovely - I'd like to see it! So true - quality programming for kids is such a joy to see (for kids and adults alike!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The gorgeous kids' play sound lovely.

    ReplyDelete